Monday, March 2, 2009

Washington DC Reserve Officers Association in January




I tell anyone I can how absolutely critical it is that we, the public, recognize the Reserve as the key operational force it is, the backbone of our country's defense, and the reason why America's defense can remain an all-volunteer force. That's why, at the mid-winter ROA conference in DC, I really enjoyed getting to meet so many Reservists who do an amazing job juggling their Civilian with Military lives. I got to catch up with my friend LTG (ret) John Bradley who recently retired as Chief of the Air Reserve and is now working on an important foundation with his wife Jan... it's called the Lamia Afghan Foundation ...they're doing a great work. I'd love to hear from any of you who are Reservists! Hey, and send me a picture I can publish. Thanks!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I checked out the Lamia Afghan Foundation. Very cool! It is good to see that someone is thinking about those poor children in the Middle East. Great foundation and great blog...go Remember My Service!

The RMS Blog is dedicated to listing the top books, movies, events, locations, and employers that best remember the service of those who serve as part of the U.S. Military. We welcome your feedback on those lists, as well as our posts! To find out more about why RMS leads the way to help your Unit to preserve your history in a digital Military yearbook format, go to our website (RememberMyService.com) or email us for a free live demo: Info@RememberMyService.com. Thank you for your service!