Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Aboard the USS Cape St. George in sunny San Diego

On Monday, I got my first peek at a Navy cruiser when I met with the very capable Captain Rabun and LT Grant Greenwell--true "Dragonslayers"! The rest of their team was just as sharp and I came away learning a lot about what they do to preserve their history. The biggest thing that surprised me was that I found out their PAO (right now it's ENS Cummings) has to do all the page layouts himself for their cruisebooks...wow that's a ton of work. I'm so used to RMS doing all that for the Units that I didn't think others were still doing it themselves. Anyway, it was a treat to spend some time with this great warship crew! America is in great hands!

No comments:

The RMS Blog is dedicated to listing the top books, movies, events, locations, and employers that best remember the service of those who serve as part of the U.S. Military. We welcome your feedback on those lists, as well as our posts! To find out more about why RMS leads the way to help your Unit to preserve your history in a digital Military yearbook format, go to our website (RememberMyService.com) or email us for a free live demo: Info@RememberMyService.com. Thank you for your service!