Monday, March 9, 2009

Visiting the set of NCIS with the real NCIS!


For the last six years I've been an avid fan of the hit TV series NCIS (for those of you a little out of the loop, that's Naval Criminal Investigative Service). A couple of years ago, I first met Ralph Blincoe, the Deputy Director of the real NCIS, as part of my work with my company, and I joked with him about being the "original" Mark Harmon (he'd actually be closer to being Mark's boss on the show). Ralph is the ultimate friend...when he found out that I was going to be in LA to hang out with my sisters for a weekend, he coordinated a visit to the NCIS set--WOW, I could hardly contain myself. I'm a big fan of Mark Harmon too--he was the main reason I started watching in the first place (ah, confessions). Mark is not only a true professional, but a really great guy in person (what a relief! You just never know...) He spent quite a bit of time with all of us, and gave us the update on the new NCIS spinoff that will be starring Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J--should be really good. I offered my humble opinion that I think Mark and Chris should continually cross-promote their characters not just in the first two episodes, but throughout the whole season. Maybe cross-promote all the characters...it keeps us viewers guessing and tuned in to BOTH. Just my two cents.

As a note, I've been invited to speak to NCIS staff and agents on Mar. 31st...I'm really looking forward to it! Sharlene

PHOTO: On location in CA. From left to right, NCIS Assistant Director Jeff Edwards, NCIS Deputy Director Ralph Blincoe, RMS President Sharlene Hawkes, THE Mark Harmon (Special Agent Gibbs on the TV version of NCIS) and Special Agent Mike Browning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must have been a lot of fun! I remember Harmon as the badguy who stole Cybil Shepherd from Bruce Willis on Moonlighting - took me awhile to like the guy. Well, not that long, as he was great in Summer School as Mr. Shoop!

Anyway, I love his character on NCIS, he is probably the best, and most accurately portrayed, Marine in television today.

I'm thrilled for you, and I just found your site - keep up the great work.

jsalexandra said...

It must have been like a dream coming true to watch ncis season heroes and the ncis seasoned campaigners together.I think the real ncis team must be as dashing as the ncis show team.

download ncis episodes said...

Wow this must have been a great experience for you.I think this would be a great source of motivation for the originals and for the show characters as well.

justin holt said...

NCIS cast, theme music and storyline is just fabulous. Its one of the good show on television. Thanks for this post.

The RMS Blog is dedicated to listing the top books, movies, events, locations, and employers that best remember the service of those who serve as part of the U.S. Military. We welcome your feedback on those lists, as well as our posts! To find out more about why RMS leads the way to help your Unit to preserve your history in a digital Military yearbook format, go to our website (RememberMyService.com) or email us for a free live demo: Info@RememberMyService.com. Thank you for your service!